None currently available
BetMGM is one of our vetted horse race betting partners. If you sign up for BetMGM through one of our links, we may receive compensation. This allows us to keep this site free and doesn't affect our ratings or opinions in any way.
BetMGM racebook is the operator’s horse race betting skin. It was developed by NYRA Bets, the official advance deposit wagering (ADW) platform of the New York Racing Association (NYRA).
BetMGM horse racing is available in Ohio, Florida, and Louisiana, but is looking to expand to other states. Online horse racing is legal in at least 41 U.S. states, so there’s plenty of room for growth.
There aren’t any welcome bonuses at BetMGM Horse Racing at the moment. This might be due to regulatory or logistical reasons or simply because this new product is still developing. In contrast, BetMGM Sportsbook, BetMGM Casino, and BetMGM Poker all offer some of the most competitive intro promos in the industry.
In this review, we'll delve into BetMGM's racebook, giving you the lowdown on bonuses, bet selection, banking, and everything else you need to know to decide if it's the right choice for you.
BetMGM Horse Racing Review
BetMGM launched an online horse race betting app in October 2021 in Ohio. Two months later, the racebook went live in Louisiana and Florida.
BetMGM's horse racing platform greatly benefited from the partnership with NYRA, as it provided excellent racing coverage and market penetration. The racebook offers odds on races from over 200 tracks worldwide, including exclusive access to Aqueduct, Saratoga, and Belmont Park. You can also bet on international events like the Dubai World Cup, Royal Ascot, and Melbourne Cup, among others.
The platform is not as feature-heavy as BetAmerica or TVG, but it’s not bare-bones either. They've packed in a decent range of features, including live streaming and a race replay system.
Betting at BetMGM horse racing is facilitated through a pari-mutuel wagering system, so the options on the site are the same as any major racetrack in the country. You’ll find a range of single and multi-race bets, plus a few specials like Super High 5.
As for banking, you'll have your pick of several deposit and withdrawal options, although the lineup may not be as extensive as in their sportsbook and casino.
- Easy-to-navigate. Horse race betting sites can sometimes feel cluttered with content (race cards, handicapping tools, etc.), making it challenging for beginners to navigate the platform. BetMGM racebook, on the other hand, has a more streamlined layout, making it easier for newcomers to get acquainted.
- Live streaming & race replays. Although BetMGM racebook might not have some of the advanced features offered by competitors (such as FanDuel's numberFire-powered predictor tool or TwinSpires' Bet Share), it does provide two crucial functionalities: live streaming and race replays. Both are free to use but only available to registered users.
- Lack of bonuses and promotions. Considering BetMGM's reputation for offering top-notch bonuses and promotions, it's a bit of a head-scratcher that they don't currently have any promotional deals for their racebook. We expect them to roll out promotions down the line to stay in the game with other racebooks that serve up bet-back deals, referral bonuses, insurance packages, contests, and other incentives.
- No Android app. Although various sources claim that BetMGM horse racing has an Android app, we couldn't find one in the store. The development team is likely working on it, but for now, there's only an iOS version of the app.
BetMGM Horse Racing State Availability
The BetMGM Racebook is currently up and running in Ohio, Louisiana, and Florida. Since online horse race betting is legal in over 41 U.S. states, the platform has the legal framework to expand to additional locales. BetMGM sportsbook is already operating in 20 states, so some of these states could be the next target for the racebook's rollout.
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
BetMGM Types of Horse Racing Bets
BetMGM horse racing platform runs the gamut with betting options. You’ll find the standard horse racing wagers, plus a few unique options. Here’s the rundown:
- Win: Put your money on the horse you believe will finish first. The minimum bet is $0.20.
- Place: Back a horse to finish either first or second. With less risk involved, the payouts are smaller than win bets.
- Show: Bet on a horse to snag one of the top 3 positions.
- Win-place: A two-for-one bet that covers both win and place outcomes. If you bet $10, you'll need to pony up $20. If your horse wins, you'll cash in on both the win and place parts of the bet. If it only places, you'll collect on your place bet.
- Win-show: Just like win-place, but combines the win and show portions.
- Win-place-show: Known as “across the board,” this wager covers all three outcomes. If your pick wins, you'll score on all three bets. If it finishes third, you'll only win the “show” part of the bet.
- Exacta: Predict the top 2 finishers in the race in an exact order
- Trifecta: Bet on the top 3 finishers in a precise order
- Superfecta: The same as exacta and trifecta, but includes four horses.
- Super High 5: The same as Superfecta, but includes five horses. It’s a high-risk, high-reward bet that entails a massive payout.
- Double: A bet on the winning horses in back-to-back races
- Pick 3 – 7: Just like Double, but with more races in the mix. The more races you include, the bigger the potential payout.
How to Sign Up for BetMGM Horse Racing
BetMGM horse racing platform is a standalone app, separate from their main product. Unlike FanDuel, BetMGM doesn't offer a shared wallet for horse racing and its other products, so you'll need to create an account specifically for the horse racing platform. The registration process is a breeze; here's what you need to do:
- Head over to BetMGM horse racing. Use our links to get there quickly.
- Open the registration form. You can access it via the appropriate button in the upper right corner.
- Complete the 3-step signup. You'll need to provide your name, address, login credentials, cell number, and the last four digits of your SSN.
- Check off the T&Cs boxes. Once you're done, click the green Create My Account button. If any information you provide doesn't pass muster, the verification system will flag it, and you won't be able to complete the signup.
Note that you must be 21+ to register and bet with BetMGM horse racing. Geo-blocking rules apply—you must be in Louisiana, Ohio, or Florida at the time of placing bets.
BetMGM Horse Racing Deposit & Withdrawal Methods
BetMGM horse racing offers a solid range of payment methods, although the selection isn’t as comprehensive as in their sportsbook or online casino. The minimum deposit is $10, while the upper limit depends on the chosen method.
BetMGM Horse Racing Deposit Methods
Debit/credit card (Visa, Mastercard)
BetMGM Horse Racing Withdrawal Methods
Within 24 hours
1 – 3 business days
Within 24 hours
2 – 4 business days
Within 24 hours
BetMGM Horse Racing Live Streaming
The BetMGM horse racing platform offers live race streaming, allowing you to tune into a race as it plays out. To access the live streams, you must place a bet on the race you're interested in.
The platform also offers on-demand replays, so you can analyze your picks' performance at your leisure. By logging into your BetMGM horse racing account and selecting a track and the video icon, you'll gain access to both live and replay videos.
BetMGM Horse Racing Background & History
BetMGM hit the ground running in 2018. The site was launched by Roar, a powerhouse venture between MGM Resorts International and Entain. They first dipped their toes in the iGaming pool with a sportsbook in New Jersey. Fast forward three years, and BetMGM has spread its wings to over a dozen states, adding an online casino and poker room to its arsenal for an all-around gaming experience.
After asserting dominance in the Big 3 gaming verticals, BetMGM branched out into online horse racing in October 2021. This move came through a partnership with NYRA Bets, which has been in place since May 2020. NYRA Bets is the official betting platform for NYRA, which owns three major racetracks in New York—Aqueduct, Saratoga, and Belmont Park.
BetMGM Customer Support
BetMGM horse racing offers 24/7 customer support through live chat and email. While response times aren't lightning-fast, we received replies within 2 – 3 minutes. Our main issue with their support was the access point; you must navigate to the Help & Center page, pick a topic, and request further assistance after browsing the FAQs. Direct live chat accessible from the homepage would be more convenient.
BetMGM Horse Racing FAQs
What is the BetMGM Horse racing sign-up bonus? Do I need a promo code?
BetMGM horse racing doesn’t currently offer a welcome bonus. We’ll keep you posted if a promo code becomes available.
Is BetMGM horse racing legal?
Yes, it’s legal in Florida, Louisiana, and Ohio. The platform is licensed and regulated by the Oregon Racing Commission.
Is BetMGM Horse racing legit?
Yes, BetMGM is one of the most recognizable gambling brands in the country. It’s licensed in more than 20 jurisdictions in the U.S.
How old do you have to be to bet on BetMGM Horse racing?
You must be 21+ to create an account with BetMGM horse racing. You can register from anywhere in the country but must be present in Louisiana, Ohio, or Florida while placing wagers.
Who owns BetMGM Horse racing?
BetMGM Horse Racing platform is owned by Roar, a joint venture between MGM Resorts International and Entain.
When did BetMGM Horse Racing launch?
The BetMGM Horse Racing app went live in October 2021 in Ohio.
Does BetMGM offer greyhound racing?
No, BetMGM racebook does not offer greyhound racing, only horse race betting.
Does BetMGM racebook offer live streaming?
Yes, BetMGM offers live streams of select events. To access the streams, you must have action on the race.
Is the BetMGM racebook connected to the MGM Rewards loyalty program?
No, the racebook doesn’t currently have any type of loyalty program in place.
Can I watch reruns of races?
Yes, BetMGM has a replay system, allowing users to watch previous races.