If your first bet after signing up loses, you can get refunded up to $200 in site credit
TVG is one of our vetted horse race betting partners. If you sign up for TVG through one of our links, we may receive compensation. This allows us to keep this site free and doesn't affect our ratings or opinions in any way.
TVG.com is the horse race betting arm of TVG (Television Games Network), now known as FanDuel TV. It is a leading horse racing betting platform operating in more than 30 states.
With deep U.S. track coverage, competitive odds, HD live streaming, and various free handicapping tools, TVG is one of the best online betting options for horse racing enthusiasts across the country.
New customers at TVG can get $200 back if their first single-horse win bet loses. This review goes over the TVG promo code and sign-up bonus, as well as the site’s key details, including state availability, types of bets, promotions and rewards, banking options, live streaming, user experience, and more.
TVG Promo Code & Sign-Up Bonus
The TVG sign-up bonus for new customers consists of getting $200 back in the form of site credit if you lose your first single-horse win wager after signing up. Remember that you’ll only get the money back if you lose the bet. If you win, it’s business as usual.
To unlock the sign-up bonus, you must use promo code 200TVG after clicking our exclusive link here. Upon creating an account, you’ll have 15 days to place an eligible wager, after which the offer will expire.
How to Use the TVG Promo Code for the Sign-Up Bonus
Follow these steps to unlock the TVG sign-up offer:
- Go to the TVG website and click on Sign Up.
- Type in the required personal details, including your name, date of birth, email, phone number, address, and the last four digits of your SSN.
- Enter TVG promo code 200TVG in the appointed box to receive the sign-up bonus and finish the registration.
- After your account has been activated, complete a deposit and place your first single-horse win wager.
- If the wager loses, you’ll get up to $200 back.
Important Information About the TVG Bonus for Signing Up
- Eligibility. This offer is only available to new customers who are legal residents of a TVG participating state (see state availability below).
- Time to use. After opening an account, you will have 15 days to place a qualifying wager. Once the qualifying wager is settled, the bonus will be credited to your account within 5 days. When you receive the bonus, you must use it within the following 30 days. Any unused portion of the bonus after this period will be forfeited.
- Playthrough requirement. You must wager the bonus at least once before attempting a withdrawal.
- Eligible bets. You can only get the bonus if your first single-horse win wager loses. As for the bonus credits, there seem to be no market restrictions.
How the TVG Promo Compares to Competitors
The TVG sign-up bonus is solid but not superior to some of its competitors.
For instance, TwinSpires offers a $200 bonus as well but releases it to new customers in $100 increments after every $400 wagered. You must wager a lot to earn the total bonus, but at least you’ll get it regardless of whether your bets win or lose. With TVG, you’ll only get the bonus if you lose the first bet.
Meanwhile, NYRA Bets offers a $200 bonus too, but in the form of a 100% first deposit match.
TVG State Availability
How the TVG Promo Compares to Competitors
TVG is currently available in 33 states. It’s branded TVG everywhere except New Jersey, where it operates as 4NJBets.
Here is a complete list of states where TVG operates:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey (operates as 4NJBets)
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
You must be at least 18 to create an account, except in Arizona, Indiana, Iowa, North Dakota, and Washington, where the minimum age is 21.
This leaves only 17 states where TVG is currently unavailable:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Full TVG Horse Racing Review
TVG has been around since the 1990s, quickly becoming the go-to television network and betting site specializing in horse racing.
In 2009, Betfair, which later merged with Paddy Power to become Flutter Entertainment (the parent company of FanDuel), acquired TVG for $50 million.
In September 2022, TVG rebranded its television channel to FanDuel TV while retaining the TVG name for online betting.
For decades, TVG.com remained firmly positioned in the upper echelon of horse racing betting sites in the U.S. It did that thanks to a wide assortment of available races, both inside and outside the States, as well as competitive odds, valuable offers, and a good betting experience propelled by a high-functioning website and later a slick mobile app.
Here is a summary of some of TVG’s strongest attributes:
- Great track coverage: TVG has a vast selection of U.S. and international races all year round.
- Trusted brand with a long history: TVG has been going strong since its formation in 1999. It is licensed and headquartered in the U.S.
- Plenty of races available for live streaming: You just need to log in to view dozens of daily races via FanDuel TV. Each race available for live streaming has an FDTV tag on it.
- Stats galore: The website and app are packed with all sorts of stats vital to experienced bettors, including jockey weight, pace, performance history, trainer stats, and more.
- Daily expert picks: Get a chance to copy the picks from a team of expert handicappers who give their opinions on several races each day.
- Well-designed mobile app: TVG is known for having one of the most functional horse racing apps. The mobile app is packed with features, feels light, and generally provides effortless betting on the go.
TVG is overall a top-performing horse racing platform, but there are also a few ways in which it can improve:
- Not very beginner-friendly: Experienced bettors will find their way around relatively easily, but the layout can overwhelm people new to horse race betting. TVG can do a better job at making basic bets and stats more easily identifiable.
- Can slow down or crash during busy racing days: There have been instances where the website and app performed slower than usual, especially during big racing days. The most famous case of this was when the site and app had a complete outage on Derby Day in 2022.
- No Android app: The TVG app is currently exclusive to iOS users.
- Deposit fees: Fixed charges on certain deposit methods effectively make small deposits not worth it.
Ratings by category
Promos & Odds Boosts
Range of Races
Deposits & Withdrawals
TVG Promotions for Ongoing Customers
Apart from the $200 first-bet money-back deal available to all new customers, TVG has a set of ongoing promotions that can help increase your bankroll or mitigate your losses. Here are some of what we’ve seen in the past:
Pick 4 Insurance
If your Late Pick 4 loses by one leg, you can get up to $25 back. This promotion is only valid for Saturday races at Remington Park and lasts until December 17, 2022.
Cash Back for 2nd or 3rd
You can get up to $10 back if the horse you bet on to win finishes second or third. Remember that this promotion is only available on select races that you can see on the promotions page. Races must have more than 6 or 8 betting interests for money back on second or third places, respectively.
Take part in handicapping contests throughout the year via your TVG contest account and get a chance to win big prizes.
Free Past Performances
TVG offers all account holders a chance to gain access to free past performances and make more knowledgeable wagers going forward. Purchase one of the track cards, wager at least $10 on it, and get reimbursed the next day.
Send your friend an invite link to TVG, and if they use it to register and deposit at least $10, you will receive a $25 bonus.
TVG Wager Rewards Program
TVG has a rewards program that lets customers win points off their wagers. One point is earned for every $1 bet, regardless of the type. The points you earn can be redeemed for site credit, with each increment of 2,500 points being worth $5 in credit.
TVG Types of Horse Racing Bets
One of TVG's most significant selling points is its large number of betting options. Almost every race on the TVG website/app will feature these bets:
- Win: Picking a horse to win a race.
- Place: To win this bet, your selection must finish either first or second in a race.
- Show: Your horse must take one of the first three spots to win this wager.
- Quinella: Bet on the two horses that will finish in the top two.
- Exacta: Guessing the first and second finishers in the exact order.
- Trifecta: The same principle as the exacta, only now you must predict the correct order of the first three horses.
- Superfecta: One of the most challenging horse racing bets to get right, as it involves guessing the correct order of the first four finishers.
- Daily Double: Guessing the winners of two different races at a particular track at the start of a racing day.
- Pick 3 and Pick 4: Guessing which horses will win in three or four consecutive races.
How to Sign Up for TVG Horse Racing
Signing up to TVG looks pretty much identical to registering on any other legal gambling website. If you’ve never bet online before, here’s how to start:
- Follow our link to TVG.com and select the Sign Up button in the top right.
- Go through a three-step registration process, filling in your personal information, including full name, DOB, phone number, and the last four digits of your social security number.
- Provide your email address and choose a strong password to serve as your login credentials.
- Verify your details and activate the account.
- From here, you just need to input the promo code and deposit, after which you can start placing real-money wagers.
TVG Deposit & Withdrawal Methods
You can fund your TVG account using Visa and Mastercard credit and debit cards, online banking, PayPal, PayNearMe, wire transfer, Green Dot MoneyPark, TVG prepaid card, eChecks, or by depositing directly at selected retail tracks.
The minimum deposit is $10, and all the methods provide instant processing. However, be aware of the fees, which are $5 for cards and PayPal and $15 for wire deposits of less than $1,000.
You can withdraw using many of the same options with usual waiting times. The maximum withdrawal amount is $10,000 per day. While the individual withdrawal limits are not specified, the default minimum withdrawal is $10.
TVG Deposit Methods
|Method||Max Deposit||Deposit Time|
|Visa and Mastercard||Not specified||Instant|
|Online banking||Not specified||Instant|
|TVG prepaid card||Not specified||Instant|
|Wire transfer||Not specified||Instant|
|Green Dot MoneyPark||Not specified||Instant|
|Money Orders or checks||Not specified||Instant|
|Deposit at the track*||Not specified||Instant|
*Only at selected tracks in California, Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Washington, and New Jersey.
TVG Withdrawal Methods
|Method||Min Withdrawal||Withdrawal Time|
|Online banking||Not specified||Not specified|
|Visa and Mastercard debit||Not specified||25 hours|
|PayPal||Not specified||24 – 30 hours|
|TVG prepaid card||Not specified||24 – 30 hours|
|Wire transfer||Not specified||Within a business day|
|Check||Not specified||3 – 10 business days|
|Cash withdrawal at the track*||Not specified||Same day|
*Only at selected tracks in California, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Washington, and New Jersey.
TVG User Experience
The user experience on the TVG website and app is generally excellent. Navigation is smooth, allowing bettors to jump from one race to another quickly. The overall layout looks nice but could be simplified to appease beginners. The speed of the website and app is good most of the time but can slow down during peak hours.
TVG Mobile App User Experience
You can download the TVG app from the App Store. Unfortunately, the app is yet to appear in the Google Play store, so Android users must resort to the mobile browser website, which is an okay alternative. The app has a stellar 4.7/5 rating in the App Store, with around 14,000 reviews.
The TVG app does well with the limited screen space, and we especially like the bet slip design that looks clean and easy to read.
TVG Desktop User Experience
Immediately upon entering the TVG desktop site, your eyes will be drawn to a list of upcoming races on the left side. Each race has a timer that changes colors as the start approaches.
The top menu contains the schedule and results, info on handicapping, promotions, and a shortcut to the live streaming page.
When selecting a given race, you’ll be shown a list of bets and win odds for every horse. There are also numerous statistics for each participant, including everything from jockey weight to horse performance history.
Overall, the desktop user experience is excellent. Finding the desired race is easy, as is adding bets to the slip and confirming the wagers.
Here are some screenshots of the TVG website (click to expand):
Here are some screenshots of the TVG mobile app (click to expand):
TVG Live Streaming
You can also watch a good chunk of the races available for betting on the TVG website and app via live streams. Just look for races with the FDTV tag, and you can tune in to watch them live as long as you are logged into your account.
You can expand the stream to full screen or leave it in a small corner window if you wish to continue making other bets while the race runs in the background. If you missed a given race, you can check the catalog of finished races and watch a replay of it.
The live streams are HD quality and will run without a hitch if you have a stable internet connection.
TVG Background & History
TVG started as a television network in 1999, focusing exclusively on horse racing and allowing fans to bet on the races over the phone. The company later expanded to offer full-on online horse racing betting by launching TVG.com, which succeeded the company’s fictional betting site TVGfree.net.
TVG changed ownership several times during the first decade of its existence before being purchased by Betfair in 2009 for $50 million. Betfair merged with Paddy Power several years later to create Flutter Entertainment, the current owner of TVG.
The legendary network was rebranded in September 2022 and is now officially called FanDuel TV. Despite this, the horse racing betting platform retains its old name.
TVG Customer Support
You can reach TVG’s customer support through live chat and email. To use the chat, navigate to the support page and click on the live chat window saying “Chat with an Expert.” If your issue is not urgent, you can email [email protected] or fill out a contact form.
While on the support page, you should check the list of guides and articles that may help solve some of your technical issues, including account management, placing wagers, banking, using tools, claiming rewards, and more.
What is the TVG sign-up bonus? Do I need a promo code?
New customers on TVG.com will get up to $200 back if they lose their first single-horse win bet. You must use promo code 200TVG during registration to unlock this offer.
Is TVG legal?
TVG is legal in more than 30 states.
Is TVG legit?
TVG is a trusted brand that has existed as both a television network and an online betting service since the 1990s. The operator uses high-end security protocols, including 2048-bit encryption, to protect the users’ data.
How old do you have to be to bet on TVG?
You must be at least 18 to bet on TVG in most states. The only jurisdictions where you must be at least 21 to create a TVG account are Arizona, Indiana, Iowa, North Dakota, and Washington.
Who owns TVG?
TVG is owned by Flutter Entertainment, the organization behind the renowned DFS and betting brand FanDuel.
What is 4NJBets?
4NJBets is a horse racing betting platform operated by TVG that caters exclusively to the New Jersey market.
What happened to PABets?
PABets was TVG’s horse racing platform for Pennsylvania, similar to 4NJBets in New Jersey. Horse racing bettors from PA can now wager directly on TVG.com.
What happened to the TVG television channels?
TVG television channels were rebranded in September 2022 to FanDuel TV.
Does TVG offer greyhound racing?
TVG discontinued greyhound racing in 2022.
Up to $200 Back If Your First Bet Loses