Some of the sportsbooks featured on this page are our partners. We may receive compensation if you sign up for one through our links, but this doesn't affect our ratings or opinions in any way. You can learn more by visiting our advertiser disclosure page.
There are Detroit Lions sports betting promo codes that unlock risk-free bets, deposit matches, free bets, and other types of sign-up bonuses that can help you start your betting career with some extra cash.
This guide goes over the best Detroit Lions sports betting promo codes, how to use them to unlock sign-up bonuses, types of Lions bets you can place, and much more.
Best Detroit Lions Sportsbook Promo Codes
Here are some of the best promo codes from legal U.S. sportsbooks that you can use to bet on the Lions:
*Special offers from our partners
$1,000 No Sweat First Bet
States: AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, WV, WY, VA
2 Risk-Free Bets Up to $2,000
States: CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, WV, VA
Risk-Free Bet Up to $1,000
States: AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY
Bet $100, Get $100 Free Bet
States: AZ, CO, IN, LA, MI, NJ, NY, TN, VA
How to Claim Detroit Lions Sports Betting Promo Codes
It’s easy to claim Lions promo codes to get risk-free bets and other types of bonuses. Here’s a step-by-step process that applies to most sportsbooks:
- Choose your sportsbook and the promotion you want to take advantage of.
- Click through to the sportsbook’s website or download the app and find the registration/join button.
- Fill out the required info in the registration process including your name, address, last four digits of your SSN, and more.
- Once you’ve created an account, go to the Promotions section and make sure you understand the full details.
- Deposit enough money to cover the promotion. For example, if it is a $1,000 risk-free bet and you want to max it out, deposit $1,000.
- Opt into the promotion if necessary.
- Make a qualifying bet for the promotion.
Types of Lions Sports Betting Promos
Wondering what the different types of Lions sportsbook promotions mean? There are three main types of promotions that sportsbooks offer as sign-up bonuses:
- Risk-Free Bet. With this type of bonus, if you lose your first bet, you receive a free bet or site credit of equal value up to the limit. If you win your first bet, congrats! You don’t, however, receive any free bet or site credit in this case.
- Deposit Match. With deposit match bonuses, the sportsbook will match your first deposit in site credit or free bets by a percentage up to a certain limit. Though most sportsbooks do 100% deposit matches (often up to $250 or $500), some do lower matches such as 20%.
- First Bet Match. This is similar to a risk-free bet except that you receive a free bet or site credit equal to the amount of your first bet regardless of whether it wins or loses.
- Bet & Get. You’ll see these bonuses listed as “Bet $X, Get $X.” While the amounts vary, a common example is Bet $50, Get $200. These are great because they require a lower initial deposit amount to fully max out the offer than most risk-free bets and deposit matches.
Detroit Lions Sports Betting Promo Codes FAQs
Who is eligible to redeem Lions betting promo codes?
Almost anyone who is 21 or older that is betting in a state that has legal sports betting—which includes Michigan—can take advantage of Detroit Lions betting bonuses. Note that most sign-up bonuses are for new customers only.
What promo code do I need to use to get the Lions sign-up bonuses?
Most sportsbooks don’t require special promo codes to access their welcome bonuses. If one is required, we indicate it in the promo cards above. Most often, you’ll be set as long as you use our exclusive links which you can see in our best sportsbook promo codes guide.
What is the best kind of sports betting promotion?
There is no right answer for what type of sports betting promo is the best. It depends on your situation and how much you are willing to spend. For example, first bet matches and 100% deposit matches have the most favorable terms since you receive the bonus money no matter what, but they often have less value than risk-free bets.
What is the best strategy for betting Lions promos?
There are a few strategies you can use to guarantee profit or at least make it more likely that you’ll profit when using free bets and betting offers, such as finding arbitrage opportunities, betting the opposite side with another sportsbook, and placing the bets on longshots. You can learn more with our risk-free bet strategy guide and free bet calculator.
Detroit Lions Betting Partnerships
Most NFL teams have official sports betting partners, including the Lions. Let's take a look:
- Lions & BetMGM: In September 2020, the Lions announced BetMGM as its first official sports betting partner. As a part of the partnership, BetMGM receives signage throughout Ford Field and in digital assets as well as the opportunity to be the presenting sponsor of Lions Bingo and Lions Perks. You can learn more about the BetMGM Michigan bonus code here.
- Lions & WynnBET: The Lions and WynnBET announced a partnership in July 2021. As a part of the deal, WynnBET is allowed to create a WynnBET Sports Bar at Ford Field which will have live betting lines, brand ambassadors, and more. In addition, WynnBET is allowed to use Lions official branding and will have visibility across Lions' physical and digital assets. You can learn more about the WynnBET Michigan promo code here.
Types of Detroit Lions Bets You Can Make
At this point, you may have chosen a sportsbook to bet on the Lions with, but now you need to know what kind of bets you can make on them:
Lions Moneyline Bets
This is the simplest type of bet. With moneyline bets, you pick who will win the game. For example, you may pick the Lions to beat the Bears straight up.
To successfully place moneyline bets, you’ll have to know how to read betting odds. Since one team is typically favored over another, you won’t simply be paid out what you bet.
Instead, one team will be a favorite (indicated by a negative sign in front of their odds) while another will be an underdog (positive sign in front of their odds).
Betting on underdogs will payout more than betting on favorites.
Lions Spread Bets
Though moneyline bets are the most straightforward, spread bets are the most common type of NFL bet.
With spread bets, each team is “handicapped” by a certain number of points to make the game more even. If the sportsbooks expect one team to win, they will “take away” points from their final score and “add” points to the other team's final score.
For example, if the Lions are +9.5 points against the Packers (-9.5), then the Lions would have to lose by 9 points or less OR win the game outright in order for Lions +9.5 to win.
On the flip side, if the Lions are -2.5 against the Bears (-2.5), then the Lions would have to win by 3 or more to cover the spread.
Lions Total (Over/Under) Bets
With total bets, you decide whether the final score of the game will be higher or lower than a set number.
For example, if you think Jared Goff and D'Andre Swift are going to go have a field day on offense, then you may want to consider taking the Over. If you think a game is going to be a defensive battle, then maybe the Under is a better bet.
Say the Lions are playing the Vikings and the total is set at 42.5. If the final score is Lions 24 – Vikings 10, then the Under would hit since the combined score would be 34. If the score is Lions 28 – Vikings 21, then the Over would hit with a combined score of 51.
Lions Prop Bets
While they aren’t as popular as moneyline, spread, and total bets, there are many more prop bets available and they provide a chance to find good value since there are so many.
With prop bets, you are betting on something other than the final score of the game. There are two types: game props and player props.
With Lions game props, you bet on things like who will score first, if there will be a safety, and if the combined final score will be odd or even.
With Lions player props, you bet on the individual statistics of a player. For example, you may bet on Amon-Ra St. Brown to have over 74 receiving yards or for TJ Hockenson to score a TD. Alternatively, you may decide to bet on Aidan Hutchinson to have a sack or Jeff Okudah to have an interception.
Lions Futures Bets
Futures bets are exactly what they sound like—a bet that is based on something in the future.
When it comes to the Detroit Lions, specifically, futures bets include them winning the NFC North, NFC, or Super Bowl; if their win total will be above or below the set number; or one of the players to win an individual award such as MVP or Defensive Player of the Year.
For example, if you think Aidan Hutchinson is going to be dominant right away, you may bet him to win Defensive Rookie of the Year. Or, if you think Jared Goff is going to shock the world and prove he's a great quarterback, maybe you bet him to win MVP (though we don't recommend that!).
Detroit Lions 2021 Betting Recap
The Lions finished with the second-worst record in the NFL in 2021, finishing with a 3-13-1 record, including a putrid 0-8-1 record on the road.
Surprisingly, betting on the Lions against the spread (ATS) was profitable in 2021, with them finishing with an 11-6-0 record.
Here’s a betting recap of the Lions 2021 season (Win-Loss-Tie):
- Overall (Moneyline): 3-13-1
- Home: 3-5-0
- Away: 0-8-1
- Against the Spread (ATS): 11-6-0
- Home: 6-2-0
- Away: 5-4-0
- Over/Under (O/U): 7-10-0
- Home: 4-4-0
- Away: 3-6-0
Detroit Lions 2022 Schedule
Here’s a look at the Detroit Lions schedule for the 2022-23 season:
|1||Sun, Sept. 11||Eagles||Lions||1 p.m.|
|2||Sun, Sept. 18||Commanders||Lions||1 p.m.|
|3||Sun, Sept. 25||Lions||Vikings||1 p.m.|
|4||Sun, Oct. 2||Seahawks||Lions||1 p.m.|
|5||Sun, Oct. 9||Lions||Patriots||1 p.m.|
|6||Sun, Oct. 16||Bye|
|7||Sun, Oct. 23||Lions||Cowboys||1 p.m.|
|8||Sun, Oct. 30||Dolphins||Lions||1 p.m.|
|9||Sun, Nov. 6||Packers||Lions||1 p.m.|
|10||Sun, Nov. 13||Lions||Bears||1 p.m.|
|11||Sun, Nov. 20||Lions||Giants||1 p.m.|
|12||Thu, Nov. 24||Bills||Lions||12:30 p.m.|
|13||Sun, Dec. 4||Jaguars||Lions||1 p.m.|
|14||Sun, Dec. 11||Vikings||Lions||1 p.m.|
|15||Sun, Dec. 18||Lions||Jets||1 p.m.|
|16||Sat, Dec. 24||Lions||Panthers||1 p.m.|
|17||Sun, Jan. 1||Bears||Lions||1 p.m.|