Below you can see the current odds for the 2023-24 AFC North Division winner from BetRivers Sportsbook. You can bet on who will win the AFC North at every major online sportsbook in the U.S. Updates daily.
AFC North Division Winner Odds
How the AFC North Division Winner is Determined
In the NFL, there are 32 teams divided into two conferences: the American Football Conference (AFC) and the National Football Conference (NFC).
Each conference has four divisions (East, West, North, and South) with four teams each. Each team tries to win its respective division to secure a playoff spot.
Division winners are determined based on their win-loss record at the end of the regular season, which consists of 17 games for each team. The team with the best win-loss record in their division is crowned the division winner.
However, there are scenarios where two or more teams end up with the same win-loss record. In such cases, a series of tiebreakers are applied to determine the division winner.
Here are the tiebreaker scenarios in the order they are applied:
- Head-to-head: If two or more teams have the same win-loss record, the first tiebreaker is their head-to-head record. The team with the best win-loss record in games played against the other tied teams within the division wins the tiebreaker.
- Division record: If the head-to-head tiebreaker doesn't resolve the tie, the team with the best win-loss record in games played within the division wins the tiebreaker.
- Common games: If the tie persists, the team with the best win-loss record in games played against common opponents (minimum of four) wins the tiebreaker.
- Conference record: If the tie remains unresolved, the team with the best win-loss record in games played within their conference wins the tiebreaker.
- Strength of victory: If the tie still persists, the combined win-loss record of all the teams each tied team defeated throughout the season is compared. The team with the highest winning percentage among those opponents wins the tiebreaker.
- Strength of schedule: If the tie continues, the combined win-loss record of all the teams each tied team played throughout the season is compared. The team with the highest winning percentage among those opponents wins the tiebreaker.
- Point differential ranking for in-conference teams: Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
- Point differential ranking for all games: Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
- Net point differential in all games: Best net points in all games.
- Best net touchdowns in all games: Best net TDs scored/scored against in all games.
- Coin toss: Heads or tails?!?!
If the tie involves more than two teams and is resolved at any step for at least one team, the remaining tied teams revert back to the first step of the tiebreaking process.
How the AFC North Division Winner Odds are Set
Setting odds for NFL division winners is a complex process that involves a combination of statistical analysis, expert opinions, and market factors. Here's an overview of how bookmakers typically determine odds for division winners:
- Preseason analysis: Before the NFL season starts, bookmakers analyze each team's roster, coaching staff, and schedule. They consider factors such as the quality of the players, player transactions, injuries, coaching changes, and strength of schedule.
- Historical performance: Bookmakers also consider the historical performance of each team, including their win-loss records, division records, and recent playoff appearances. This helps bookmakers gauge the relative strength of each team within their division.
- Power rankings and expert opinions: Bookmakers may consult various power rankings and expert opinions to assess the overall strength of each team. Power rankings are often based on statistical analysis, and they provide an aggregated view of how experts rank the teams.
- Public perception: Bookmakers factor in public perception when setting odds, as bettors often have biases and preferences that can influence betting patterns. Teams with large fan bases or popular players may attract more bets, which can cause bookmakers to adjust the odds to balance the betting market.
- Opening odds: Once the bookmakers have analyzed all these factors, they set the opening odds for each team to win their division. These initial odds are designed to balance the betting action on each team and ensure the bookmaker makes a profit regardless of the outcome.
- Market adjustments: As bets are placed on each team, bookmakers closely monitor the betting patterns and may adjust the odds to encourage or discourage further betting on a particular team. If a lot of money is being wagered on one team, the bookmakers may shorten the odds (reduce the potential payout) for that team and lengthen the odds (increase the potential payout) for the other teams in the division.
- In-season adjustments: Throughout the season, bookmakers continue to adjust the odds based on team performance, injuries, and other factors that could impact a team's chances of winning their division. The odds are updated frequently to reflect the latest information.
Past AFC North Division Winners
Related NFL Odds Markets
- AFC East Division Winner Odds
- AFC South Division Winner Odds
- AFC West Division Winner Odds
- Baltimore Ravens Team Total Odds for the 2023-24 Season
- Baltimore Ravens To Make Playoffs Odds for the 2023-24 Season
- Cincinnati Bengals Team Total Odds for the 2023-24 Season
- Cincinnati Bengals To Make Playoffs Odds for the 2023-24 Season
- Cleveland Browns Team Total Odds for the 2023-24 Season
- Cleveland Browns To Make Playoffs Odds for the 2023-24 Season
- Pittsburgh Steelers Team Total Odds for the 2023-24 Season
- Pittsburgh Steelers To Make Playoffs Odds for the 2023-24 Season