Below you can see the current line and odds for the Minnesota Vikings team total from BetRivers Sportsbook. You can bet on the Minnesota Vikings team total at every major online sportsbook in the U.S. Updates daily.
Minnesota Vikings Team Total Odds for the 2023-24 Season
Over/Under – Number of Games won in the Regular Season
How the Minnesota Vikings Team Total is Set
NFL team total lines and odds, also known as season win totals, are popular betting markets where bettors can wager on the total number of wins a team will have during the regular season.
This type of bet involves an Over/Under line (e.g., 9.5 wins) and odds on each side (e.g., Over 9.5 wins at -110, Under 9.5 wins at -110).
Here's an explanation of how these lines and odds are set, and how they can shift over time:
- Preseason analysis: Similar to setting division winner odds, bookmakers analyze each team's roster, coaching staff, and schedule before the season starts. They consider factors such as player quality, transactions, injuries, coaching changes, and strength of schedule.
- Historical performance: Bookmakers also take into account each team's historical performance, including their win-loss records in recent seasons and any trends or patterns that may be relevant.
- Power rankings and expert opinions: Oddsmakers consult power rankings and expert opinions to help determine the overall strength and projected win totals for each team.
- Setting the initial line: Based on their analysis, bookmakers set an initial Over/Under line for each team's total wins. This line represents a benchmark where they believe the betting market will be roughly balanced between bets on the Over and Under.
- Setting the initial odds: Along with the Over/Under line, bookmakers also set the initial odds for both the Over and Under sides. These odds are typically expressed in terms of a moneyline, such as -110, which indicates how much a bettor needs to wager to win $100. The reason each side isn’t +100 (bet $100 to win $100) is because sportsbooks charge a vig to help them make money.
- Market adjustments: As bets are placed, bookmakers monitor the betting patterns and may adjust the odds to encourage or discourage further betting on a particular side. If a significant amount of money is being wagered on one side, the bookmakers may shorten the odds on that side and lengthen the odds on the other side.
- Line shifts: If there is a consistent imbalance in the betting action, or if significant news or events impact a team's projected win total (e.g., a key player injury or a coaching change), bookmakers may adjust the Over/Under line to attract more balanced betting. For example, if many bets are placed on Over 9.5 wins, the bookmaker may shift the line to 10.5 wins to encourage more bets on the Under. When the line shifts, the odds on each side are typically adjusted as well.
- In-season adjustments: Throughout the season, bookmakers may continue to adjust the team total lines and odds based on team performance, injuries, and other factors that could impact a team's win total. However, once a bet is placed, the bettor's wager is locked in at the line and odds they bet.
Past Minnesota Vikings Team Totals & Results
|Season||Pre-Season Total||Regular-Season Record||Over/Under|