Some of the sportsbooks featured on this page are our partners. We may receive compensation if you sign up for one through our links, but this doesn't affect our ratings or opinions in any way. You can learn more by visiting our advertiser disclosure page.
If you’re trying to decide on which sportsbook to go with, you may be considering DraftKings Sportsbook and PointsBet Sportsbook. Both of these sportsbooks are legal and licensed in U.S. states but have unique offerings.
Our DraftKings vs. PointsBet sportsbook comparison will help you decide which is better for your sports betting needs.
To start, we rated DraftKings Sportsbook as 4.9 out of 5 stars and PointsBet Sportsbook as 5 stars. This means if you’re just looking for the best overall sportsbook, then PointsBet is a better option than DraftKings in our opinion.
DraftKings vs. PointsBet Sportsbook State Availability
DraftKings State Availability & Rankings
- Arizona (#3 of 9 AZ Sportsbooks)
- Colorado (#4 of 12 CO Sportsbooks)
- Connecticut (#2 of 2 CT Sportsbooks)
- Illinois (#4 of 7 IL Sportsbooks)
- Indiana (#4 of 10 IN Sportsbooks)
- Iowa (#4 of 10 IA Sportsbooks)
- Kansas (#4 of 6 KS Sportsbooks)
- Louisiana (#3 of 7 LA Sportsbooks)
- Maryland (#4 of 7 MD Sportsbooks)
- Massachusetts (#4 of 7 MA Sportsbooks)
- Michigan (#4 of 10 MI Sportsbooks)
- New Hampshire (#1 of 1 NH Sportsbooks)
- New Jersey (#4 of 16 NJ Sportsbooks)
- New York (#4 of 7 NY Sportsbooks)
- Ohio (#4 of 9 OH Sportsbooks)
- Oregon (#1 of 1 OR Sportsbooks)
- Pennsylvania (#4 of 12 PA Sportsbooks)
- Tennessee (#3 of 6 TN Sportsbooks)
- West Virginia (#4 of 7 WV Sportsbooks)
- Wyoming (#3 of 3 WY Sportsbooks)
- Virginia (#4 of 12 VA Sportsbooks)
PointsBet State Availability & Rankings
- Colorado (#1 of 12 CO Sportsbooks) (See PointsBet CO Promo Code)
- Illinois (#1 of 7 IL Sportsbooks) (See the PointsBet IL Promo Code)
- Indiana (#1 of 10 IN Sportsbooks)
- Iowa (#1 of 10 lA Sportsbooks) (See the PointsBet IA Promo Code)
- Kansas (#1 of 6 KS Sportsbooks)
- Louisiana (#1 of 8 LA Sportsbooks)
- Maryland (#1 of 7 MD Sportsbooks)
- Massachusetts (#1 of 7 MA Sportsbooks)
- Michigan (#1 of 10 MI Sportsbooks) (See PointsBet MI Promo Code)
- New Jersey (#1 of 16 NJ Sportsbooks) (See the PointsBet NJ Promo Code)
- New York (#1 of 7 NY Sportsbooks) (See PointsBet NY Promo Code)
- Ohio (#1 of 9 OH Sportsbooks)
- Pennsylvania (#1 of 12 PA Sportsbooks)
- Virginia (#1 of 12 VA Sportsbooks)
- West Virginia (#1 of 7 WV Sportsbooks)
DraftKings vs. PointsBet Sign-Up Bonus
When it comes to the intro promo for new customers, we rated DraftKings Sportsbook as 4.5 stars and PointsBet Sportsbook as 5 stars.
DraftKings Sportsbook offers a 20% deposit match up to $5,000 that is refunded as site credit. You have 90 days to use the credit and there is a 25x playthrough requirement.
PointsBet Sportsbook offers 5 Second Chance Bets of $50 each that are refunded as site credit. You will receive one Second Chance Bet of up to $50 for each of the first 5 days after signing up. Each Second Chance Bet is good for only that day and you have 7 days to use the ensuing bet credits if you receive them. There is a 1x playthrough requirement on the bet credits.
DraftKings vs. PointsBet Odds Competitiveness
When it comes to the competitiveness of odds, we rated DraftKings as 5 out of 5 and PointsBet as 5 out of 5.
To come up with these ratings, we analyzed hundreds of games in all major sports and leagues to find which books, on average, give customers the best deals.
If you’re looking for the most competitive odds, overall, then DraftKings and PointsBet are pretty much equal according to our data.
DraftKings vs. PointsBet Promotions & Odds Boosts
When it comes to ongoing promotions and odds boosts that all customers can take advantage of, we rated DraftKings Sportsbook as 5 stars and
PointsBet Sportsbook as 5 stars. DraftKings and PointsBet are pretty much equal according to our data.
Odds boosts and promotions vary from sport to sport, so check with each to see which offers better specials on the sports you care about the most.
DraftKings Sportsbook vs. PointsBet Sportsbook User Interface
We rated the DraftKings Sportsbook user interface as 4 stars, or ‘Great' and PointsBet Sportsbook as 5 stars, or ‘Best'.
While most legitimate online sportsbooks in the U.S. are similarly designed and are easy enough to navigate, there are small things here and there that can make using one much more enjoyable than the other.
Before registering, it may be worth downloading both apps or visiting their websites to see which you like better.
Here are some images of DraftKings Sportsbook (click to expand):
And here are some images of PointsBet Sportsbook (click to expand):
DraftKings vs. PointsBet Bet Types
Almost all major sportsbooks offer all of the main types of sports bets, including spreads, totals, moneyline bets, parlays, teasers, props, and futures, as well as live betting and cashing out of bets early.
One thing that not all offer, however, is same game parlays which allow you to combine sides, totals, and props from one game into a single parlay.
As of this writing, DraftKings and PointsBet both offer same game parlays.
DraftKings vs. PointsBet Deposits & Withdrawals
Having a variety of methods to deposit money into your account and to transfer your money out of it is another important thing when it comes to finding the best sportsbook.
We rated DraftKings Sportsbook's banking options as 5 and PointsBet Sportsbook's as 4 stars.
DraftKings Sportsbook offers 6 deposit methods and the minimum deposit amount is $5. It also has 7 withdrawal methods and the minimum withdrawal is $1 – $15.
PointsBet Sportsbook offers 7 deposit methods and the minimum deposit amount is $5. It also has 4 withdrawal methods and the minimum withdrawal is $5 – $50.
Bottom Line on if DraftKings or PointsBet is Better
While our overall rating shows that PointsBet is a better option than DraftKings, it’s important to think about what you value the most when it comes to sports betting.
Use the comparison tool above to directly compare the things that are most valuable to you and check out our full reviews to learn more about all of the things we briefly touched on in this article.
And remember, there is really no limit to the number of sportsbooks you can sign up for. Actually, it’s always a good idea to have at least a few that you can bet with so you can shop around for the best lines and odds, and so you can take advantage of the promotions that each offers.
You can also check out our full DraftKings Sportsbook Review and PointsBet Sportsbook Review to learn more about each option.
*Special offers from our partners. May vary by state.
No Sweat First Bet Up to $1,000
States: AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MA MD, MI, NJ, OH, NY, PA, TN, WV, WY, VA
Second Chance Bet Up to $500
States: AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA
Up to $1,000 Back in Bonus Bets
States: AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, TN, VA, WV, WY
100% Deposit Match Up to $100
*Not a sportsbook. DFS site that offers Pick'Em contests on player stats.