Some of the sportsbooks featured on this page are our partners. We may receive compensation if you sign up for one through our links, but this doesn't affect our ratings or opinions in any way. You can learn more by visiting our advertiser disclosure page.
Bonuses and promotions are sportsbooks’ go-to weapons in the fight to acquire as many new users as possible and retain existing ones.
Reload bonuses are directed towards the latter.
With these, when you make subsequent deposits into your sportsbook account, the book will match a portion of that deposit in bonus funds. Reload bonuses usually amount to between 10% and 100% of your deposit, depending on the operator.
By offering reload bonuses, sportsbooks build strong and loyal fan bases that are more likely to stay faithful to them despite the tempting welcome offers from other sites.
This guide goes over how sportsbook reload bonuses work and where you can find the best deals.
How Sportsbook Reload Bonuses Work
Reload bonuses at sportsbooks are pretty simple to understand. After you make your first deposit, you can deposit more money whenever you need to. For each subsequent deposit, the betting site will give you a certain amount in free bets or site credits.
Let’s illustrate this with an example:
Say the bookmaker is running a 50% deposit match reload bonus worth up to $200. This means that if your next deposit is $400, you will get another $200 in bonus funds. If your deposit is $50, you would get $25 in bonus funds.
The following are the usual steps you need to take to claim the promotion:
- Log in to your sportsbook account.
- Head to the Promotions page.
- In the sportsbook’s Promotions page, locate the reload bonus and opt-in.
- Make at least the minimum required deposit.
- Type in the bonus code when depositing if such a code is required.
- Your site credits or free bets will be automatically added to your balance.
It is crucial that you read the fine print on the bonus terms and conditions page to make sure you meet the requirements and use the bonus funds correctly/on time.
Some of the most important points to consider are the following:
- Check when the reload bonus is issued — Sportsbook reload bonus promotions come in various forms. Some sportsbooks offer them on the first deposit of the month, yet others might present them as weekly promotions for deposits on a particular day.
- Check how the bonus is issued — Reload bonuses can come in the form of free bets or site credits. In the case of free bets, you need to see if the bonus is issued as a single free bet or multiple ones. If the reload bonus is awarded as site credit, you can typically use it on any number of bets.
- Check odds requirements — To redeem the bonus, you may have to place bets with specific odds, such as -200 or longer (-110, +150, +250, etc.).
- Check the bonus’s expiration date — Most bonuses have an expiration date, anywhere from 7 days to 30 or more.
- Check the rollover requirements — This is the amount of times you have to wager the bonus funds in order to withdraw the winnings. Most sportsbooks only have 1x rollover requirements, but check to be sure.
- Check how the winnings are calculated — When wagering with bonus money, sometimes only the winnings generated are added to your bankroll. In other instances, even the bonus money is calculated in the total winnings from the bet slip.
*Special offers from our partners. May vary by state.
Best Sportsbooks for Reload Bonuses
Even though sportsbooks in the U.S. are no strangers to reload bonuses, not all of them live up to the bettors’ expectations. Below, you can find the ones with sizable reload bonuses, top-of-the-line betting markets, and competitive odds.
FanDuel Sportsbook Reload Bonuses
FanDuel is one of the most popular sports betting sites in the U.S. It is ranked among the best thanks to better odds, more promotions, and a great user experience. FanDuel Sportsbook is also available in many states.
Reload bonuses count among the more frequent promotions at FanDuel. They can even be personalized just for you. FanDuel will typically email out reload bonus offers so be sure to check the email you signed up with. I have often seen 100% deposit match deals up to $50 or more.
You can sign up for FanDuel and access its generous $1,000 risk-free bet with our exclusive link here.
BetMGM Sportsbook Reload Bonuses
Since it was launched in 2018, BetMGM has swept the legalized markets of the U.S. thanks to its generous promotions that include odds boosts, welcome deals, reload bonuses, live betting options, and more.
BetMGM often has reload bonuses on weekends. For a minimum deposit of $10, you can get a 100% match bonus of up to $25, which you can spend on all matches during the weekend.
You can sign up for BetMGM and access its generous $1,000 risk-free bet with our exclusive link here.
BetRivers/SugarHouse Reload Bonuses
Rush Street Interactive is a company behind both the BetRivers and SugarHouse online sportsbook brands that players can find in various states. Both sites have identical odds, appearance, promotions, and everything in between.
These sites offer regular reload bonuses for existing users, especially around big holidays. The St. Patrick’s Day Deposit Match bonus is an example of this, offering a 25% deposit match bonus up to $250 for existing users.You can sign up for BetRivers here or SugarHouse here.
DraftKings Sportsbook Reload Bonuses
DraftKings Sportsbook is another behemoth in the world of online sports betting. With more than 1.5 million active users from over 10 states, it is one of the biggest sportsbooks in the country.
DraftKings has an extensive offer of betting markets, odds matched by only a few competitors, and a fantastic array of promotions, including reload bonuses.
With DraftKings’ reload bonuses, you stand to receive up to $250 or more, depending on how much you have deposited in your account since opening it. The more you bet with DraftKings, the more the reload bonus they will typically give you.
Weekly NFL Picks Delivered Straight to Your Inbox
Get our experts' NFL picks every week for FREE
Reload Bonuses vs. Deposit Match Intro Promos
There are some similarities between reload bonuses and deposit match intro promotions. Both of these betting offers both require you to deposit some money to trigger the bonus. However, the deposit match intro promos are reserved for first-time depositors, while reload bonuses are available for all existing users.
The sign-up deposit bonuses are also larger than reload bonuses. They can give new players anywhere between $100 and $2,000 to start their betting adventures. We can see an example of this in the BetRivers intro promo of a 100% first deposit match bonus worth up to $250 or DraftKings’ 20% first deposit match deal up to $5,000 ($1,000 total value).
On the other hand, reload bonuses are a sportsbook’s way of saying “thank you” to their most loyal players and making sure they know they are appreciated.
*Special offers from our partners. May vary by state.