Some of the sportsbooks featured on this page are our partners. We may receive compensation if you sign up for one through our links, but this doesn't affect our ratings or opinions in any way. You can learn more by visiting our advertiser disclosure page.
With legal sports betting sweeping the nation, U.S. sportsbooks offer generous bonuses to attract new customers. The benefits for newcomers range from deposit matches to risk-free bets to free bets.
This guide goes over the best sports betting sign-up promotions and the promo codes you'll need to take advantage of the many free bets, risk-free bets, and deposit matches available.
Best Sportsbook Promotions & Promo Codes
Below you can see the betting offers for new customers from all of the sportsbooks that we've reviewed, ordered based on our overall rating of them. As sportsbooks update their intro promos, we will update this guide so you can always find the best offers available.
AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, WY, WV, VA
$1,000 No Sweat First Bet
CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV
2 Risk-free bets up to $2,000
AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, WV, WY, VA
Risk-free bet up to $1,000
AZ, CO, IN, MI, NJ, NY, TN, VA
Bet $100, Get $100
AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NY, PA, VA
100% up to $250 deposit match
CT, NJ, PA
100% up to $250 deposit match
AZ, CO, IN, IA, NJ, PA
Risk-free bet up to $1,000
Bet $10, get $50 in free bets
AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, PA, TN, WV, WY, VA
20% deposit match up to $1,000
AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NV, NJ, NY, PA, TN, WV, VA
Risk-free bet up $1,100
AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA
Risk-free bet up to $1,000 + $10 for registering
|NJ||100% deposit match up to $500|
AZ, IN, IA, NJ, PA, VA
Risk-free bet up to $500
|CO, MI, NJ, PA||Risk-free bet up to $500|
Risk-free bet of $100
*May vary by state
Sportsbook Promo Code GuidesWant to see a promo code for a specific sportsbook? Check out our individual guides below:
Types of Sportsbook Promotions
U.S. sportsbooks offer various types of intro promotions, each working slightly different. Let’s take a look at each:
While a risk-free bet isn’t technically “risk-free,” it gives you a bit of insurance for your first bet. If your initial wager loses, you will receive a refund equal to the stake, up to a specified limit. The refund may come as a single free bet, multiple free bets, or site credit.
Risk-free bets give you the flexibility to place a larger first wager knowing that you’ll be refunded if it does not come through.
For example, BetMGM is currently offering a risk-free bet welcome bonus of up to $1,000. Suppose you bet $500 and lose. The sportsbook will replenish your bankroll, refunding your $500 stake back in full in site credit.
The money won’t be available in your real-money balance. Instead, you'll receive site credit, which are promo bucks that you can only use to place bets—you can't withdraw them. After you bet the site credit, you can withdraw any winnings.
First Deposit Matches
First deposit match offers give you a certain percentage of your first deposit in free bets or site credit. The match rate typically varies between 20% and 100%, but is most often 100%.
DraftKings offers the biggest match deposit bonus among U.S. books—20% up to $5,000 ($1,000 in total potential match value). For example, after depositing $5,000 after signing up, you'll receive an extra $1,000 to bet with. If you deposit $1,000, you’ll receive $200.
At BetRivers, you can claim a 100% match deposit intro promo, up to $250. Whatever you put into your account (up to the $250 cap), the sportsbook will match it dollar for dollar. A $100 deposit would net you $100 in promo cash with this offer.
First Bet Matches
The bonus is similar to the previous one, except it matches your stake on your first bet, rather than your initial deposit. The bonus combines the first deposit match and the risk-free bonus, in a way.
First bet matches are better than risk-free bets because you get the bonus, regardless of the wager's outcome. Risk-free bets only pay on losing wagers.
No Deposit Bonuses (Rare)
No deposit bonuses are free money you get on the house merely for signing up with a particular sportsbook. They are hard to find, for obvious reasons. If you find such a bonus, you will probably find it attached to stiff terms and conditions.
What to Look Out for With Sports Betting PromosAlthough size is an important factor when comparing sportsbook sign-up bonuses, you should consider numerous other factors. Here are the main things you need to know:
- Promotion limit: The higher the cap on the promo, the more bonus money you will be eligible to receive. You can place a bet/deposit over this limit, but you will only receive a free bet/site credit up to the promo amount. Using FanDuel's intro promo as an example, if you wager $1,500 and lose, you will only be refunded $1,000.
- How the welcome bonus is refunded: Risk-free bets are either refunded in site credits or free bets. Site credit is better because you can use them incrementally, unlike free bets that have to be wagered all at once.
- Time to use the free bet/site credit: Once your bonus has been credited, you'll have a limited period to use it. This typically ranges from 7 to 30 days. Those who fail to meet this threshold will forfeit any unused bonus portion.
- Minimum odds on the risk-free bet and ensuing free bet/site credit: Sportsbooks sometimes apply a minimum odds restriction to prevent customers from abusing bonuses by betting on heavy favorites. For example, only bets with odds of -250 or longer (-110, +150, +300, etc.) may count towards completing wagering requirements.
- Playthrough requirements: Most free bets and deposit matches have 1x wagering requirements. In this case,, you have to wager the bonus money once before it becomes real, withdrawable cash. In other cases, you may have to bet the bonus money 2x, 5x, 10x, or even 25x before you can withdraw it.
- Terms and conditions: You should always read the fine print before claiming any welcome bonus. This may take a few minutes, but it will tell you whether the promo is worth taking and any things to look out for.
Sportsbook Promotions FAQs
Which sportsbook app has the best promotions?
PointsBet is currently running the most competitive welcome bonus among U.S. sportsbooks. It offers two risk-free bets totaling $2,000, which is more than you’ll get on other sites. You can see the PointsBet promo code & learn more here.
Are sportsbook bonuses worth it?
Betting offers, odds boosts, and other sportsbook promos are high-expected-value deals. Remember that risk-free bets aren’t exactly “risk-free” because there’s no guarantee that you’ll win anything with the refund. Also, if the refund is issued in free bets (and not site credits), you’d have to bet at odds of +100 or longer to turn a profit.
Can I claim a sports betting bonus more than once?
No, the welcome bonus is a one-time thing reserved for new customers only. What you can do is sign up with multiple sportsbooks and take advantage of their sign-up promos.
Do I need a promo code to get the sportsbook promotion?
In some cases, yes. In cases where a promo code is needed, you'll find it on our pages linked higher up in this guide.
What is the legal sports betting age in the United States?
In all states with legal sports betting, the legal betting age is 21.
How do I turn my sportsbook bonus into cash?
It is necessary to play through the associated rollover requirement and abide by other terms and conditions (mainly odds and market restrictions).