Some of the sportsbooks featured on this page are our partners. We may receive compensation if you sign up for one through our links, but this doesn't affect our ratings or opinions in any way. You can learn more by visiting our advertiser disclosure page.
Credit cards are one of the most popular deposit methods on online sports betting sites.
Deposits are usually instant with all major credit card brands, and players often don’t pay any transaction fees for depositing. Moreover, credit cards are a safe and secure payment method trusted by millions of bettors around the globe.
This guide goes over which online sportsbooks in the U.S. accept credit cards so you can pick the best one for you.
Online Sports Betting Sites That Accept Credit Cards
Since most online bettors have some sort of credit card, the majority of sportsbooks include popular card brands as deposit options.
Most often, these are Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and/or American Express, but not all sportsbooks offer all four.
Note that credit cards only allow one-way transactions, meaning you’ll have to pick another method for cashing out your winnings. For example, you can opt for PayPal, an online bank transfer, or any other accepted withdrawal option on the betting site of your choice.
Here are some more details about each:
- Caesars Sportsbook. Caesars accepts Visa and Mastercard deposits. Thanks to its fantastic intro promotion and competitive odds, it’s widely regarded as the best all-around betting site.
- FanDuel Sportsbook. FanDuel accepts Visa and Mastercard deposits. The platform offers a great user experience, a great welcome bonus of a No Sweat First Bet up to $1,000 with only 1x rollover requirements, and helpful customer support.
- DraftKings Sportsbook. DraftKings accepts all four major credit card brands—Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover. Like Caesars, it offers a lucrative welcome bonus (20% deposit match up to $5,000) and competitive odds on most betting markets.
- BetMGM. BetMGM accepts Visa, American Express, and Mastercard. The popular sportsbook features one-game parlays, competitive odds, and a welcome bonus of up to $1,000 in the form of a free bet.
- BetRivers Sportsbook. BetRivers accepts Visa, Discover, and Mastercard. Apart from the easy and convenient deposit and withdrawal process, BetRivers also offers one of the best sportsbooks for the bettors who enjoy wagering on soccer games.
- SugarHouse Sportsbook. You can deposit at SugarHouse by using Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. In addition to competitive odds, the popular sportsbook offers same-game parlays, low rollover requirements, and various other competitive odds boosts and promos.
- PointsBet. PointsBet accepts Visa and Mastercard. The platform offers two risk-free bets totaling up to $2,000, which makes it one of the second-best in the U.S. It also features great odds boosts and promotions, as well as a one-of-a-kind PointsBetting system.
- Barstool Sportsbook. Barstool accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. It features a great $1,000 risk-free bet offer for new players and the platform has a smooth user interface and many interesting ongoing promotions.
- Unibet Sportsbook. Unibet accepts Visa and Mastercard. It offers a risk-free bet of up to $500 and covers all major sports popular in the U.S. Moreover, it’s one of the most prominent sportsbooks worldwide, as it’s also available in Europe and Australia.
Best Intro Promos from Sportsbooks That Accept Credit Cards
Below you can see the intro bonuses for new customers from all of the sportsbooks that we've reviewed that offer credit cards. As sportsbooks update their intro promos, we will update this guide so you can always find the best offers available.
AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, WY, WV, VA
$1,000 No Sweat First Bet
CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV
2 Risk-free bets up to $2,000
AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, WV, WY, VA
Risk-free bet up to $1,000
AZ, CO, IN, MI, NJ, NY, TN, VA
Bet $100, Get $100
AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NY, PA, VA
100% up to $250 deposit match
CT, NJ, PA
100% up to $250 deposit match
AZ, CO, IN, IA, NJ, PA
Risk-free bet up to $1,000
Bet $10, get $50 in free bets
AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, PA, TN, WV, WY, VA
20% deposit match up to $1,000
AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NV, NJ, NY, PA, TN, WV, VA
Risk-free bet up $1,100
AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA
Risk-free bet up to $1,000 + $10 for registering
|NJ||100% deposit match up to $500|
AZ, IN, IA, NJ, PA, VA
Risk-free bet up to $500
|CO, MI, NJ, PA||Risk-free bet up to $500|
Risk-free bet of $100
Using a Credit Card for Depositing Into a Sportsbook Account
Depositing with a credit card is easy. Simply enter in your card information and enter the amount you want to deposit.
Though you shouldn’t have any trouble depositing your funds to the sportsbook of your choice with a credit card, here are some things into account when doing so:
How to Deposit Into a Sportsbook Using a Credit Card
Here’s a step-by-step explanation of how to make a credit card deposit:
- Select an online betting site. Check out our guide to the best online sportsbooks to decide which is best for you.
- Open an account or log in if you’re already a registered member.
- Go to the cashier page and select one of the available credit card deposit options.
- Enter your credit card information to connect your card. This includes your card number, security code, and expiration date.
- Type in the amount you’d like to deposit and submit.
- Have fun, and remember to gamble responsibly!
Minimum & Maximum Credit Card Deposit Amounts
Most sportsbooks have limits on how much or how little you can deposit.
In most cases, the minimum limit is between $5 and $20. However, maximum deposits can vastly differ depending on the sportsbook, payment method, and player status (VIP players sometimes have higher deposit limits).
For new players, credit card deposits are usually capped between $1,000 and $5,000.
Speed of Credit Card Deposit
Credit card transactions are almost always instant, meaning you should be able to see the money in your casino balance in a matter of seconds after confirming your deposit.
That said, your deposit requests can be rejected from time to time, as banks sometimes don’t allow gambling-related transactions.
Some types of credit cards may charge a small fee if your deposit is seen as a cash advance. If not, these transactions come free of charge. However, make sure to check that before making your deposit to learn if any fees apply.
Pros & Cons of Depositing With a Credit Card
Let’s take a look at some of the major benefits and downsides of using credit cards for sportsbook deposits:
- Some credit cards offer a rewards program to their users.
- Deposits are usually instant.
- Credit cards are a secure and trustworthy payment option.
- Depositing via credit cards is easy and quick.
- The maximum deposit limits might be somewhat lower compared to other payment methods.
- If you make a large deposit using your credit card, you can increase your credit card utilization rate significantly, possibly impacting your credit score. It’s best to keep utilization—which is the balance on your card divided by your credit limit—under 30% if possible.
- Your deposit may not always be approved.
- You risk going into debt.
Using a Credit Card to Withdraw From a Sports Betting Site
Unfortunately, credit cards aren’t available as withdrawal methods. They are designed exclusively for making payments, so it’s not really possible to load money back to your credit card unless you are using your bank.
Once you decide to cash out your winnings, make sure to use some of the available withdrawal options. E-wallets, such as PayPal, are usually the fastest, but you can also rely on some more traditional options, including check, ACH, and bank transfer.
If you value getting your money quickly, check out our guide to the sportsbooks with the fastest payouts.
A Word of Caution on Using Credit Cards With Sportsbooks
Gambling can be addictive, and some players might get carried away and deposit more than they can afford.
If you have to spend more on your credit card than you can afford to pay off that month, you’ll be charged interest on that money which can be very expensive as credit card interest rates are often 15% to 30%.
For this reason, it’s crucial to only charge your card with what you can pay off that month. If you don’t, you may find yourself in a debt spiral that can be hard to get out of.
FAQs on Using Credit Cards With Sports Betting Sites
What kind of credit cards can I use with online sports betting sites?
Most online sportsbooks in the U.S. accept at least a few of the four major credit card brands—Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. However, you’ll notice that Visa and Mastercard are the most common.
What kind of fees are associated with using credit cards on sports betting sites?
There usually aren’t any fees for credit card deposits. However, some cards may recognize your transaction as a cash advance, which will come with a small fee, so make sure to check that before making your first deposit.
Are credit cards safe to use with sports betting sites?
Yes. Credit cards are considered one of the safest payment methods for online sportsbooks.
How long do credit card deposits take with sportsbooks?
Credit card deposits are usually instant.
Can I withdraw money from my sportsbook to my credit card?
No. Credit cards are only used for making deposits to online sportsbooks, so you’ll have to pick another method for cashing out your winnings.
What do I do if my credit card company blocks my deposit to my sportsbook?
Credit card deposits get rejected from time to time. If this happens to you, your best bet is to try again or pick a different deposit method.
Can I earn rewards by depositing to a betting site with my credit card?
It depends. If gambling is considered a cash equivalent by your credit card issuer, your deposits will not qualify toward the card’s rewards system, such as cash back or travel points.
Other Sports Betting Resources
- Sportsbook Comparison Tool
- Sports Betting Calculators
- Types of Sports Bets
- How to Make Money Sports Betting
- Best Sports Betting Strategies
- Sports Betting Tips
- How to Read Betting Odds
- How to Make an Online Sports Bet
- Sportsbook Free Bets & Betting Offers
- Best Promo Codes & Promotions
- Sportsbooks That Offer Same Game Parlays
- Fastest Payout Sportsbooks
- Sportsbooks That Accept PayPal
- Best NFL Betting Sites
- Best College Football Betting Sites
- Best NBA Betting Sites
- Best College Basketball Betting Sites
- Best NHL Betting Sites
- Best MLB Betting Sites
- Compare NFL Odds & Lines