Some of the sportsbooks featured on this page are our partners. We may receive compensation if you sign up for one through our links, but this doesn't affect our ratings or opinions in any way. You can learn more by visiting our advertiser disclosure page.
There are several reasons why debit cards are among the most popular payment methods for online sportsbooks across the U.S.
First, deposits through debit cards are processed almost instantly.
Second, sportsbooks rarely charge any fees for deposits through Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or any other debit card you might have.
Finally, debit card payments are protected with the state-of-the-art encryption security standards and the CVV/CVC security codes that are unique to all cards used to allow the transaction.
In this guide, we go over the best sportsbooks that accept debit cards for deposits and explain how this process works.
Online Sports Betting Sites That Accept Debit Cards
The majority of sportsbooks allow players to fund their accounts through debit cards, often including Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
Unfortunately, most of the time, they are only a one-way payment method, which means you can only make a deposit with them. Therefore, when you want to withdraw your funds, you will have to opt for other payment processors, such as PayPal, bank transfer, Play+ card, VIP Preferred, or others.
Here are some more details about each sportsbook that accept debit cards:
- BetRivers Sportsbook. BetRivers permits players to deposit using Visa, Mastercard, and Discover debit cards. It is a sportsbook known for covering every major sports competition out there and a vast number of betting markets. Also, its promotions tab is packed with odds boosts and many ongoing promotions. You can learn more about BetRivers deposit and withdrawal options here.
- SugarHouse Sportsbook. SugarHouse is a sportsbook under the same management and ownership as the BetRivers brand. As such, it shares the same characteristics, such as great betting market coverage. Therefore, on SugarHouse Sportsbook, you will find same-game parlays, regular promotions, and competitive odds.
- Caesars Sportsbook. Caesars allows deposits with Visa and Mastercard debit cards. It’s unique free bet welcome promo worth up to $1,500, competitive odds, and first-rate user experience make it one of the best sportsbooks in the market.
- FanDuel Sportsbook. FanDuel works with Visa and Mastercard debit card deposits. The betting site is known for its $1,000 No Sweat First Bet welcome bonus, competitive odds, fast payouts, and best-in-class app.
- DraftKings Sportsbook. DraftKings lets users deposit money via Visa, Mastercard, and Discover debit cards. The sportsbook has a very low minimum deposit requirement ($5) and a wide selection of betting options, including same-game parlays, live odds, pools, and more.
- BetMGM. BetMGM allows deposits made through Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. The sportsbook is home to various bonuses and promotions, including odds boosts and a $1,000 risk-free bet for new users. Competitive odds, same-game parlays, and a sleek user interface help it rank among the top betting sites.
- PointsBet. PointsBet supports Visa and Mastercard debit card deposits. The site is known for its special intro bonus, thanks to which players receive two second chance bets up to $2,000. Players also enjoy its unique point system called PointsBetting.
- Barstool Sportsbook. Barstool Sportsbook accepts Visa, Mastercard, and Discover debit cards. The platform’s main traits are competitive odds, a smooth user experience, and great betting resources, such as detailed player stats and hot tips about trending wagers.
- Unibet Sportsbook. Unibet accepts deposits via Visa and Mastercard. Its welcome offer for new players in the U.S. consists of a $250 risk-free bet, while the single game parlay giveaways and frequent odds boosts are there to keep fueling the fun.
How We Rate Debit Card Betting Sites
Here at Odds Assist, we are committed to creating objective, transparent ratings to help you make the best decisions when it comes to which sportsbooks to use. We will continually update our Editorial Ratings over time as sportsbooks introduce new features, change promotions, etc.
Each sportsbook we review goes through our extensive rating process that evaluates thousands of data points in eight categories, including the following:
How competitive the odds offered are across all major sports
How competitive the intro promo for new customers is
Promos & Odds Boosts
How many & how generous ongoing odds boosts & promotions are
Sports & Bets Offered
Which sports & types of wagers are offered by the sportsbook
How user friendly the website & mobile app(s) are
Deposits & Withdrawals
Which deposit & withdrawal methods are available as well as payout speed
How positive customer reviews across other platforms are
Education & Statistics
The availability of educational & responsible gaming resources as well as team & player statistics
Best Intro Promos from Sportsbooks That Accept Debit Cards
Below you can see the intro bonuses for new customers from all of the sportsbooks that we've reviewed that offer debit cards. As sportsbooks update their intro promos, we will update this guide so you can always find the best offers available.
AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, WY, WV, VA
No Sweat First Bet Up to $1,000
CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV
2 Second Chance Bets up to $2,000
AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, TN, WV, WY, VA
Bet $10, Get $200 in Free Bets
AZ, CO, IN, MI, NJ, NY, TN, VA
Bet $100, Get $100 in Free Bets
AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA
2nd Chance Free Bet Up to $500
2nd Chance Free Bet Up to $500
AZ, CO, IN, IA, NJ, PA
Risk-Free Bet Up to $250
CO, MI, VA
Bet $20, Get $200 in Free Bets
AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, PA, TN, WV, WY, VA
20% Deposit Match Up to $1,000
AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NV, NJ, NY, PA, TN, WV, VA
Risk-Free Bet Up to $1,250
AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA
Risk-Free Bet Up to $1,000 + $10 for Registering
Bet $1, Get $200 in Free Bets
AZ, IN, IA, NJ, PA, VA
Risk-Free Bet Up to $500
|CO, MI, NJ, PA|
Risk-Free Bet Up to $50
First Bet Match Up to $100
Using a Debit Card for Depositing Into a Sportsbook Account
You have probably already used your debit card to pay for goods and services online. Making a deposit into your sportsbooks account is not too different.
You only need to provide certain information from your card, and you’ll be good to go. Still, there are a number of different aspects of the entire process you need to consider, that we’ll go over below:
How to Deposit Into a Sportsbook Using a Debit Card
The following step-by-step guide tells you how to make a debit card deposit to your sportsbook:
- Choose a sportsbook.
- Register an account or log in if you already have an account there.
- Head to the cashier section and choose the debit card option.
- Insert your debit card number, expiration date, and the CVV/CVC security code from the back of the card.
- Select the amount you wish to deposit.
- Initiate the transaction, and the funds should be instantly visible in your account.
Min and Max Deposit Amounts
The minimum and maximum deposits depend on the sportsbook you choose.
The ballpark figure for the minimum limit hovers between $5 and $10.
On the other hand, the maximum limits depend on various factors—whether the player has set a deposit limit, what the players’ VIP or loyalty levels are, which daily and monthly limits the sportsbooks have in place, and others. However, the standard limit for debit card deposits is normally up to $5,000 per transaction.
Speed of Debit Card Deposits
Provided that your bank condones gambling-related transactions, any deposits you make via your debit card should be instantly visible in your bankroll. Prior to making a deposit, you should check if your bank will process your deposit or not.
Most debit card deposits are free of charge. However, you should check whether your bank charges any fees for such transactions.
Pros & Cons of Debit Card Deposits With Sports Betting Sites
Let’s take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of using debit cards for sportsbook deposits:
- Deposits are processed almost instantly.
- Deposits are secure.
- Debit cards are easy to use since all the information you need is contained on the card itself.
- They do not restrict you from using any other withdrawal method, unlike other payment options, like PayPal or bank transfers.
- There are no interest rates, which are often charged with credit cards.
- You can’t withdraw winnings to a debit card.
- Maximum deposit limits are possibly lower compared to other methods.
- Certain banks might not process gambling-related payments.
Using a Debit Card to Withdraw From a Sports Betting Site
You can’t withdraw winnings from a sports betting site to your debit cards. These cards are usually intended for spending the funds only, so withdrawals are out of the question.
However, there are plenty of alternatives you can use to cash out, such as a bank transfer. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the cashier or banking page.
- Select the bank transfer from the list of options.
- Choose the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Input the necessary banking information, such as the account and routing numbers.
- When prompted, log in to your bank account to initiate and authorize the transaction.
- Wait for the sportsbook to process your withdrawal and wire the winnings.
For the fastest payout, you should consider withdrawal options such as online bank transfer and e-wallets. Bank transfers, PayPal, and Skrill generally process withdrawals within 72 hours.
On the other hand, many sportsbooks offer Play+ prepaid cards to registered users, who can use them to withdraw the winnings within 48 hours at the latest.
Finally, there is always the option of collecting your winnings at sportsbooks’ land-based casino partners’ cages. These withdrawals can take up to 24 hours at the latest.
You see which sites offer the quickest withdrawals with our guide to sportsbooks with the fastest payouts.
FAQs on Using Debit Cards With Sports Betting Sites
What kind of debit cards can I use with online sports betting sites?
Most online sportsbooks in the U.S. accept debit cards issued by Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. However, the most popular methods are Visa and Mastercard.
What kind of fees are associated with using debit cards on sports betting sites?
There are generally no fees associated with using debit cards for making a deposit on a sports betting site. However, you are advised to check with your bank if such transactions are permitted and if they incur any fees.
Are debit cards safe to use with sports betting sites?
Debit cards are perfectly safe to use with regulated sports betting sites, as they are protected by the latest encryption methods and security codes.
How long do debit card deposits take with sportsbooks?
Usually, debit card deposits are instant.
Can I withdraw money from my sportsbook to my debit card?
No, you can’t. Debit card withdrawals are not possible.
What do I do if my bank blocked my debit card deposit to my sportsbook?
At this point, you should contact the bank’s customer support and learn about the reasons for rejection or, ultimately, use a different payment method.
Other Sports Betting Resources
- Sportsbook Comparison Tool
- Sports Betting Calculators
- Types of Sports Bets
- How to Make Money Sports Betting
- Best Sports Betting Strategies
- Sports Betting Tips
- How to Read Betting Odds
- How to Make an Online Sports Bet
- Sportsbook Free Bets & Betting Offers
- Best Promo Codes & Promotions
- Sportsbooks That Offer Same Game Parlays
- Fastest Payout Sportsbooks
- Sportsbooks That Accept PayPal
- Best NFL Betting Sites
- Best College Football Betting Sites
- Best NBA Betting Sites
- Best College Basketball Betting Sites
- Best NHL Betting Sites
- Best MLB Betting Sites
- Compare NFL Odds & Lines